Friday 21 June 2019

19th June 2019

Just one short of 500! I failed to recognise Holly Tortrix even though I have recorded one before at Corbett Street..nevermind.

[498] Teleiopsis diffinis

[499] Holly Tortrix


Holly Tortrix Rhopobota naevana

So after struggling to the tortrix I was pleased to get this gelechid confirmed, which appears to be scarce locally:

Teleiopsis diffinis

The highlight wasn't any of the above though - I can't get tired of Goat Moths even though I've now recorded them three years running:



Goat Moth Cossus cossus

There was also the second garden record of the amazing Peach Blossom:

Peach Blossom Thyatira batis

Also only recorded once before was this Aethes beatricella:

Aethes beatricella

While Eucosma cana and Scoparia basistrigalis were new for the year:


Eucosma cana

Scoparia basistrigalis

No comments:

Post a Comment