Wednesday 28 June 2017

24th June 2017

A really superb night with 93 species identified - a record for the High Street garden (I only reached the 100 species mark once or twice at Corbett Street). Although few were new for me in Cottenham, ten were new for the garden:

[320] Teleioides vulgella

[321] Juniper Webber
[322] Mompha ochraceella
[323] Coloeophora deuratella
[324] Acleris forsskaleana
[325] Acleris schalleriana
[326] Lobesia abscisana
[327] Old Lady
[328] Round-winged Muslin
[329] Short-cloaked moth


Acleris schalleriana is still rather rare in the County and I seemingly had the first (in 2014):



Acleris schalleriana

Acleris forsskaleana is more regular but was just missing last year:



Acleris forsskaleana

I've studiously avoided any moth from the genus Coleophora - they are mostly impossible to identify without dissection. This striking individual looks good for C. deauratella though - so I'll claim it..



Coleophora deauratella

Juniper Webber is a distinctive gelechid I've recorded only once before (in 2014):



Juniper Webber Dichomeris marginella

Teleiodes vulgella is less striking and also much more common  - but was just one of those that didn't turn up last year:



Teleiodes vulgella 
Mompha ochraceella


Lobesia abscisana
For some reason I've never been that fond of Old Lady moths - this one though is quite fresh so not that bad at all:


Old Lady Mormo maura
This is the second Round-winged Muslin I've caught in Cottenham:


Round-winged Muslin Thumatha senex
And two Short-cloaked moths were rather notable - I've only again recorded a single before in the village:


Short-cloaked Moth Nola cucullatella

8 comments:


  1. In the event that you require a competent and expert social affair to illuminate your issues, Contact to Norton Setup on Norton.com/setup.
    norton setup
    norton.com/setup

    ReplyDelete
  2. office.com/setup we will guide you how to download and Activate Microsoft office different versions like office365,office2019 and office 2016
    Regards : office.com/setup

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! This post couldn't have been better! Reading this post reminded me of my good old roommate! He always talked about it. I will forward this page to him. I'm pretty sure he'll read it well. Thanks for sharing!
    keyshot pro crack
    copytrans crack
    minitool partition wizard pro crack
    restoro license key

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sincerely, I'm delighted I came into your website by accident when looking on Google.
    I'm still here for another reason, and I'd want to congratulate you on a well-written article.
    It's a wonderful blog all around (and I like the theme/design, too).
    easeus video editor crack
    tarma installmate crack
    wondershare photo recovery crcak
    r drive image crack

    ReplyDelete