Friday 29 May 2020

8th May 2020

I'm now catching up with the results more recent trapping nights although it will likely take a while as May was busy with some warm nights producing decent hauls of moths. The first really good night was the 8th where the number of species took over a single page of my notebook for the first time this year. 

I seem to be having a run of Elachista species in the trap this Spring and several gave me headaches in both April and May. After plenty of deliberation I am happy that this one is E. apicipunctella, one of a handful of species with whiteish heads. The extra white marking beyond towards the end of the forewing adds further evidence to the identification. 

[561] Elachista apicipunctella

Elachista alpicipunctella

Otherwise, a Pale Pinion is I think on a garden second:

Pale Pinion Lithophane socia

Seraphim has continued its upward trend here with several recorded this year. This was a particularly well marked individual:


Seraphim Lobophora halterata

No comments:

Post a Comment