Friday 24 July 2020

13th July 2020

The best moth of the trap was not a new species but a rarity nonetheless - Sciota adelphella. A smart pyralid that I caught on a very similar date in 2018. This one made an unfortunate getaway before being photographed. 

Two moths were new for the garden and did stick around:

[590] Epagoge grotiana
[591] Notocelia roborana

Epagoge grotiana

Epagoge grotiana is a tortrix of deciduous woodland so not expected to be regular here although I did record it once at Corbett Sttreet. I also manage to string one here so good to get a definitive version!

Notocelia roborana is fairly widespread but has eluded me completely until now:

Notocelia roborana


Another interesting moth was this Phyllonorycter:


It is certainly something new to me but not identifiable to species without dissection. It is most likely P. coryli but P. maestingella amongst others cannot be ruled out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment