Thursday 2 July 2020

23rd June 2020

The warm nights returned and while diversity of moths wasn't far off the range recorded this time last year the numbers of the commoner species does seem rather low. I did catch up with two excellent new moths for the garden though, both of which I recorded at Corbett Street on single occasions only. 

[584] Ethmia dodecea
[585] Dotted Fan-foot

So after waiting several years for an Ethmia species in the garden I get two in a few weeks. 

Ethmia dodecea

Dotted Fan-foot is a Nationally Scarce (B) moth of fens and marshes so its regular at the key sites in the County and I had expected it turn up here eventually.

Dotted Fan-foot Macrochilo cribrumalis

After identifying one last year I was a little disappointed not to work out this Cnephasia longana without some assistance. Never mind, at least I photographed this one as last years escaped..

Cnephasia longana

New for the year was the common but charismatic Crassa unitella:

Crassa unitella

No comments:

Post a Comment